Tuesday, March 16, 2010

There's an App for That

It's funny how being a mom to my little munchkin is different than my expectations. I had all these ideas before she was born about using cloth diapers (kuddos to those of you who do), not giving her sugar, making my own baby food, etc.

Turns out, I still hate doing laundry, and the occasional blow-out is enough washing poo out of cloth for me. Rachel hates just about every kind of homemade baby food she's tried (even if it's the same flavor as the packaged stuff). She got to try some gelato a couple weekends ago, which she loved. And there have been at least a couple of times where we've gotten in the wrong line at the grocery store too close to nap time, and she has been enthralled with "Peek-a-Boo Barn" on my iPhone.

At the same time though, I never expected to have such an easy-going, happy baby. I'd been around enough friends' babies and kids at work (plus all my parents' stories of how colicky I was) to expect a lot of crying for no apparent reason, which we really haven't experienced at all. She adjusts to having her routing, or lack of routine, messed with. She's just an all-around fun kid.

I guess it all falls in line with "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" (Matthew 6:34), which I've been thinking about a lot lately. I like to have a plan for the future and know what to expect. I think there is some validity in that. It seems foolish to not think about the future at all and just drift through life from day to day. But, Jesus does tell us not to worry about it - he's got it covered. And if all of my expectations for tomorrow fall apart, he knew it was coming and is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment